Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act/Take Action on Build Back Better
The passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act is a monumental political and legislative accomplishment. This is a $1.2 trillion investment in our infrastructure after decades of decline, and America’s workers are ready to rebuild our country.
This is a tremendous victory for working people in New York State in particular, where the investment will mean:
- $13.5 billion ($11.6B for roads + $1.9B for bridges) to repair and rebuild New York's roads and bridges;
- $9.8 billion to improve our public transit;
- $685 million for NY airports;
- $175 million to build a network of electric vehicle (EV) chargers to facilitate long-distance travel and provide convenient charging options;
- $100 million to connect every New Yorker to reliable high speed internet.
There’s even more in the bill, and all of this investment will create good union jobs. And that is worth celebrating.
Working people didn’t vote for a return to normal; we voted for a better future. And we’re making progress. We need to build on this momentum by also passing the Build Back Better Act. Click here to add your name and call on Congress to pass it immediately.