Tell REI SoHo to Stop Union Busting!
Management of REI SoHo has not only ignored workers' requests to have their union voluntarily recognized, they’ve deployed textbook union-busting tactics meant to intimidate and scare workers out of voting Union Yes. Since announcing their union last month, here’s just some of what the REI SoHo workers who are seeking to join RWDSU have endured:
- Workers have been pulled into one-on-one meetings with management
- Workers have been forced to attend captive audience meetings with executives brought in to convince them that a union isn’t the right fit for REI
- Management has shared misinformation about unionizing, using language that is not neutral or objective
- Management has posted an excessive amount of anti-union flyers around pro-union flyers
- Management has put a hold on any opportunities for promotion
- Management created a Microsoft Teams channel for for staff to ask questions about the union election, but instead permitted it to be dominated by anti-union language not related to the election process
- REI President and CEO, Eric Artz, participated in a one sided, 25-minute union-busting podcast.